Water is a very essential necessity to survive as human. Around 60 percent of the body is made up of water, and interestingly, around 71 percent of the planet’s surface is covered by water.
According to research, human can survive up to three weeks without food, but can’t survive more than three to four days without any drop of water.
Also, if you don’t drink enough water, your body won’t have enough fluid to operate properly, thus, you may suffer from dehydration.
Urine is known to be one of the indicators of dehydration. If it’s colourless or light yellow, you’re well hydrated. If your urine is dark yellow or amber color, you may be dehydrated and this can also be a sign of illness.
Therefore, being hydrated is crucial for health and well-being, but many people do not consume enough fluids each day.
Experts recommend drinking roughly 11 cups of water per day for the average woman and 16 for men. And not all of those cups have to come from plain water; for example, some can come from water flavoured with fruit or vegetables (lemons, berries, or orange or cucumber slices), or from coffee or tea)
Here are top reasons why you should make water an essential part of your diet and also stay hydrated always.
1. Water serves as joint lubricant: Cartilage, found in joints and the disks of the spine, contains around 80 percent water. Long-term dehydration can reduce the joints’ shock-absorbing ability, leading to joint pain.
2. Hydration helps to prevent and treat headaches: Dehydration can trigger headaches and migraine in some individuals. However, studies has shown that that drinking water can help relieve headaches in those who experience frequent headaches.
3. Water aids digestion:/The bowel needs water to work properly. Dehydration can lead to digestive problems, constipation, and an overly acidic stomach. This increases the risk of heartburn and stomach ulcers. So, the digestive system depends on water to function well.
4. Water helps to relieve constipation: Constipation is a common problem that’s characterized by infrequent bowel movements and difficulty passing stool. Nonetheless, Increasing fluid intake is often recommended as a part of the treatment protocol.
5. Water helps maximize physical performance as if you don’t stay hydrated, your physical performance can suffer. (This is particularly important during intense exercise or high heat.)
6. It delivers oxygen throughout the body: Blood is more than 90 percent water, and blood carries oxygen to different parts of the body.
7. It boosts skin health and beauty: dehydration can cause the skin to become more vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling.